Briguy

New and a few questions

Hi , I am going to purchase the MH-871 34" cutter . Their ebay store mentions it comes with three blades . Which blades come with it ? Which blade do I want for cutting smaller stuff like 1" lettering ? I am guessing the 60 degree blade would be better for the small stuff ? A friend that had used the software that comes with said it is kinda a pain to use . Is the sign blazer good enough to use for a hobby ? Mainly be making stuff for R/C cars , maybe a few signs for my business , and possibly down the road making a few changes to my van  my  .  Worth it for me to go to Corel Draw down the road ?

Thanks for any help !

It should come with a pack of 3 of 45' blades. Lots of people use sign blazer with success. I think it also comes with a 1-year license for signcut. Both would be sufficient for hobby if you are willing to take the time to learn how to use the software.

Corel is a design software, not a cutting software. You can also download inkscape (free) for design. Either way, you'll still need a cutting software like sign blazer or signcut, or flexi, etc.

We have a MH 871 with Sign Blazer. It works great, but we don't cut for RC cars. Works great for everything else.

We read everything that comes with it than started searching the Internet. Mainly YouTube. We've had great success.

Remember you can also get Vinyl for fabric like T-shirts. Than you can bring in money making RC designs on t-shirts and also do sport jersey's.

You'll need a Heat Press to press the Vinyl on fabric. Proworld Inc. sells one for $169. 

For design you can download Inkscape, it is free! For cutting, I suggest using the free 1 year license supplied with your cutter for SignCut Pro. Take some time to learn both and you will be problem free for a long time to come.

I also have SignBlazer but it feels too hokey to me, feels like a cheap application. Many people use it and it performs well for them but I prefer SignCut.

Download all of them and give them each a shot to see which one you prefer.

Thanks for all the responses ! This is the slow season for my business so I have plenty of time to learn the programs . A buddy has the same cutter and uses Sign Blazer but is so busy with work by the time we get to sit down and do anything he has to relearn how to use the programs .

Thanks again !

As I suggested, download them all and play with them. Pick the one YOU find to be the most productive for YOUR workflow.

My cutter and vinyl isn`t here yet but I`ve been playing around and vectorized a logo and saved it using Inkscape . When I go to import in SB the saved svg file is not available on the drop down . I saved it under "my pictures" and "my documents" and not seeing it through SB .

Why is SB not seeing it ?

I didn`t want to start a new thread in the SB section so I hope someone can clear this up for me .

You can't import a .SVG file, you need to save your design as a .EPS file for it to be recognized.

Ah , Thank You .

After changing it to an .EPS file and when I import it the designed has flipped . The black design to be cut is now white and the background that would of been weeded out is now black .

Sorry , I could not find any answers to this . On a different thread it was mentions a .SVG file could be cut .  :lol:

I must not be doing it right every time cause 2 of 4 times it came out correct .

I don't use SignBlazer, I prefer SignCut, so I am not 100% sure. I do have it installed and attempted to import a file and the .SVG extension is not listed in the list of supported file formats. Again, I am not positive that it is supported or not.

I always use sign blazer its frekin awesome i have photoshop corel and inkscape i always go with sign blazer first

on occasion i will have some files that dont seem to work in sb so i open them in photoshop save as jpeg then no problems