Sign in to follow this  
doublerugged

jsi p-30 cutter

i own a jsi p-30 cutter and have signblazer elements for my software. i am now aware that this machine is a p-cut brand..or looks exactly like it. my problem is when i start a cut, the cutter starts and stops within a 1/4 second, and i get a message "standby" nothing else happens after that message. could this be a circuit board issue ? i have 2 other machines that run off the same software/pc and they all run fine. where can i get parts for this machine as jsi does not even sell them any longer :)

any technical help out there ?

What type of connections are you using? I had a P-Cut and had issues with the USB connection. I swithced to serial and the problems went away. I don't know if serial connection is an option but I would strongly recommend it.

Jay

on this model i only have a serial connection available. i wrote jsi and the response was..look elsewhere... -1 jsi customer now. just bought a p-cut 24 from uscutter, but i would still like to get my old one repaired and keep it as a backup machine.

While I have no real help repairing your machine I still had to post.I too bought a machine from jsi. It has never worked right.if yours is like mine it looks just like a p cut but its actually a king cut.Dont know that it matters but seems like the same machine.As far as any help from jsi forget it.Unless you spend a million dollars with them they dont want to be bothered with you.like I said mine has never worked. Ifound this forum bought a refine and have been cutting since

This is a big problem with the jsi p-30 machine. I have it, and it does the same thing sometimes. It is more likelyto happen when you cut larger or multiple small repeats. I have found that if you setup using direct cut instead of cutmanager it works better. Also using fastest cut seems to help.