Sign in to follow this  
MisterEd65

A Question on Inks

I have a question for everyone in this thread:  I have an Epson Artisan 700 printer that uses Claria Ink.  Will the Claria Ink work ok on transfers?  I'm in the process of buying a heat press to start making shirts/hats for some of my customers who have been bugging the crap out of me to do this.  :huh:  I'm hoping that this printer/ink will work with this and I won't have to get another one right off the bat.  Any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated!!  :thumbsup:

Claris ink is dye based but supposed to be more water fast. I haven't tried it personally but some members had good results while others don't. You'll just have to test it out yourself first.

Mr. Ed,

Let me know how the hat's go. I want to do offer hats but don't have many people requesting them. Would like to be ready anyways.

We use our current ink jets with whatever ink comes with them. We have HP and Epson with as I said the basic ink. We print them on both light and dark transfers, heat press them and they come out fine.

Every now and then we get one that peels or doesn't work at all.

Some of our customers want a hundred colors on darks t-shirts and they look terrible or don't work. When that's the case we suggest screen printing.

Hi, I've been a sign guy and airbrus artist for a while, just starting to do cut vinyl t shirts. Would like to explore sublimated prints.  Do I understand correctly that ANY inkjet printer can print on heat transfer paper and have the image heat pressed onto a t shirt, etc? 

I read earlier that pigment based inks last longer for this. is this correct, and if so are they available for most all printers?  I have an HP 6200 all in one.  Where would I look for proper inks for this?

I know some will view this as too simple or too elementary to waste your time answering, but I really need some clarification.

thanks much

preacher

ps  are some paper types better than others for this type work?