Sign in to follow this  
pianomom

Are Copams new or just new to US Cutters?

As I have been watching ebay checking out the various vinyl cutter plotters to buy and I have been impressed, with what I have read so far on this forum, about the Copam. But I have occasionally seen that individuals are selling Copam machines and stating that they are two years old. I Googled and found a Chinese company that looks like they sell or have sold Copam machines and the machines look identical. Are they the same? Are you a US distributor? How long have you been selling them? I see so many of your US Cutter machines Model: MH721, but why don?t I see nearly as many of the Copam machine?

Also how does the Copam machine compare to this one from JSI? Model JSI-P-24

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290084742556&rd=1&rd=

I am new to all of this and trying to understand all of the ?jargon? used to describe these machines gets a bit confusing. And I feel like after reading the forums people will be honest about the pro?s and con?s about both machines.

One last question, well for the moment :huh:, if I purchase the Copam machine with the Signcut software do I need to have other software to use with it? I keep reading about how people are using Corel or Vista or other software. Is that by their choice? Or do you need to have/use multiple media?

Thanks

DMarie

The Copam CP-series cutters have been available for several years.  They used to be a Tiawanees company, but costs were too high, so they have since relocated to China.  JSI was a previous distributor and probably stopped distributing the Copam brand because of high costs.  The machines will be very similar, though incremental improvements have been introduced over time.  The Copam units are able to offer the outstanding price/performance ratio due to their superior Tiawanees design while utilizing the economics of the Chinese manufacturing economy.

Along with Signcut, you will need a vector graphics program to create images.  InkScape is included for free, while CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator are the favorite commercial flavors.