Sign in to follow this  
MrMopar64

Help please...

I've got this image when I put it in flexi everything is fine except the red circle

It only comes out with a single path for cutting I have tried to fix it but ran out of ideas... I can make the symbol but can't get rid of the orig one

Thanks for any help

MM64  :thumbsup:

aloha logo-Commercial.eps

aloha logo-Commercial.pdf

aloha logo-Commercial.eps

aloha logo-Commercial.pdf

open it in inkscape - resize it to 3-5xs the size you need then save it as a bitmap then bring it back in to inkscape and then vector it

im not at home to check it out is there layers ? that you can change

I don't have inkscape... I tried to vectorize it but when I do it all turns black

Thanks

MM64  :thumbsup:

pull the ant out of the circle then do it again then lay the ant under the line when its done

im home now i found your problem --

its your circle it needs to be 2 circles one for the out side one for the inside

right now you only have one circle - and it has no fill but traced red - you need to rebuild it

same with the black line under it - it will not cut a thick line it will only cut a single line --

and you have fill and stroke in aloha dont think that will work either

there is only 2 colors in this vector - if you need more help feel free to email me

path16.svg

post-4970-12986554304737_thumb.png

path16.svg

post-4970-12986554317982_thumb.png

Guest Schramm

In flexi if you want to cut it all at once then you open it in corel or illy surround the item and click on the color black.  It will make it all one color however if you wireframe it or view (depending on the program) you will see that everything is there.  If you want to do multi colors, choose all the reds by first ungrouping the entire image and then click on the first red item then holding the shift key click on all the others and all there components one at a time and the same with all the other colors.

I mostly use keyboard shortcuts and I am much better with corel draw then I am with illy but I just bought the full version of CS4 and it is totally amazing and how fast you can do things like arches, conversions and so on!  But then again compare $100 for CDx3 vs the entire full version of illustrator!

In flexi if you want to cut it all at once then you open it in corel or illy surround the item and click on the color black.  It will make it all one color however if you wireframe it or view (depending on the program) you will see that everything is there.  If you want to do multi colors, choose all the reds by first ungrouping the entire image and then click on the first red item then holding the shift key click on all the others and all there components one at a time and the same with all the other colors.

I mostly use keyboard shortcuts and I am much better with corel draw then I am with illy but I just bought the full version of CS4 and it is totally amazing and how fast you can do things like arches, conversions and so on!  But then again compare $100 for CDx3 vs the entire full version of illustrator!

Which one do you like the best, corel or illy?

Guest Schramm

Corel Draw is a PC product that does not work in the iMac, so I have a laptop that has Corel Draw GS X3 and I really like it, however having the full version of Illustrator with all its bells and whistles has its benefits however i am still in the learning stage with it!  I have been cutting and designing with no problems.  What I love so far about Illustrator that draw doesn't do as easy is arch words in about every way you can think of it with a simple click of a button!  Corel Draw is about $75 on ebay new, while the version of Illy that I have is $4000!  Also I have studio versions of Bridge, Photoshop and about 30 other programs that came with CS4.

You can open the .pdf file in Inkscape and save it as a .eps file.

I did have to weld the red circle and the bar running through it.

Aloha.EPS

Thanks tinaski... Got the job done. You saved me allot of work by making it a 2 color image. The file I had done I would have had to cut the white and do 3 layers.

How did you go about turning the black letters into outlines? I was trying but could not get it.

Thanks Again!!

MM64  :)

the eps that you posted was a good picture but a bad cuttable

so i took that image saved it as a bitmap and then reopened it then vectored the bitmap so its a vecter. copy and past it so i had 2 copies of a cuttable on the screen made one red,  made one black and then deleted all the nodes that dont belong - ie on the red copy i deleted all the nodes that went to black section and did the same thing for the black copy then layed them on top of each other then saved it as a svg thats what you got first in the email. that didnt work for ya so i resaved it as an eps.