Sign in to follow this  
thredz

Placement for a 15" roll

Here are a couple of pics I just did of the placement of a 15" roll.A 15" roll of perforated is actually 14 inches.I set the pinch rollers on the perforation as you can see.When I hit the measure and sheet,it put the blade right at the edge of the vinyl.The design I cut out has no meaning other than something to work up so I could cut a 15.The design is 14 inches,and it ran almost to the edge on both sides.I hope this helps in understanding placement of a smaller roll.On r2,I set it close to the blade.But on the cp-2500 you can actually set it anywhere on the cutter,as long as the pinch rollers fall in a green area.Sorry for the pics,but it's night here and my camera doesn't do low light well.

http://route66guitarparts.com/cp250015inchroll.jpg

http://route66guitarparts.com/screwed2.JPG

Billy,

Here's a fix for the copam for right now.  Set a 30" sheet in, let it measure,  then pull out that vinyl and put in your 15" stock.  set the paper up for good roller position and then look at the head knife and physically push the head back towards the right side of the cutter until you hit your preferred start mark.  As long as you don't remeasure, it will cut all day correctly and without waste.  The stepper motor won't be damaged it just slips.  If you care to leave it on, you are set for life or until your next power failure.

I'm talking with Copam (sorry marcel,  I didn't overstep US cutter, but I had a dialog with them before I knew you sold them) and they have an engineer there now looking at the problems.  Is anyone here wanting to vocalize to me their concerns, get me a PM immediately. 

I don't use that method.I don't even run a sheet to set it.If you just set the pinch rollers from the first and last position it will read as if you had a sheet in it.And then you can set the vinyl at the edge of the blade and not have to push the head back.I don't think pushing the head back is a wise choice.It may work now with no problems,but if you keep doing it you might end up throwing the tracking off.And you can set anything from a 24" down to a 3" by just letting the cutter read the pinch position.

I have a copam 2500 that likes me most of the time .I had a simular problem with 24" , if you don't have the right side roller clamp as far over to the right as possible it doesn't measure what ever is on the right side of it.On small rolls move the right side clamp as far as you can ,to get the biggest measurement you can, and the same with the left. On a 24" roll you can only measure about 23". Hope this helps!