Sign in to follow this  
pianomom

drivers not working

I have had my Copam 2500 for over 4 years now (and love it!!). I am changing computers for the second time....last time being over 3 years ago. I have downloaded my Signcut x2 to the new computer, I have tried finding the right drivers needed.....without success. I have found a few different links and discussions on here and ended up finding the drivers for download on the USC Support webpage. I have downloaded those (for the XP/vista/7 version)  and tried to follow the instructions but my computer is not finding the drivers. I have not be able to find the "port" or "com" areas in my "system" area on the computer (computer companies love to change how things read with each new computer)to try and update those. I have found the "USB to Serial Controller" but there is nothing in that area that is working. I have tried manually finding the drivers but that too is not working. I can see when I try to cut in Signcut that it seems to be sending the info....but it isn't getting anywhere. Signcut is registering "Com3" but on my previous computer I had to use "Com4" and I can't figure out on the computer how to change that once the drivers work to see if that is part of the problem too.

I hope this makes sense....:thumbsup:

looking forward to your help!!

Denise

It looks like we need to reinstall the FTDI drivers.  However, I would actually recommmend contacting US Cutter support for assistance by phone on this.  We can do a remote assistance, and take a look at what's going on.  Call into us at 1-888-298-8143.