Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenya

This is REALLY off topic.....

Guest kenya

I need to know if any of you guys would know where I can buy a gallon of bottom paint for a boat.

I'm trying to surprise my hubby. I have a man that will do the prep & spray it, but I want a decent paint.

I've looked on line, but don't want to spend $80/quart. Is there a brand out there that would do the job be reasonable in price? Or is this the going price? Oh, I'm looking for white. Thanks guy for the help.

Guest kenya

The price is alittle better there, $69/quart...... thanks.

The shipping from most places is ridiculous.

I wonder why you can't find the white as the other colors? They are all over the place really cheap. :)

There are all kinds of bottom paint for boats. Its kinda like vinyl you get what you pay for. Also use the right stuff for the job. things I would consider, is the boat in fresh or salt water. is it trailered. what is presently on the boat etc....

I think this is a GREAT gift. 

There is a decent discounter in your neck of the woods @ /www.pbsboatstore.com/bottom-paint.htm

Up in my area I look a good anti-fouling bottom paint. In your area If you are going to do it you really want to spend the money and get  the best anti-fouling paint or its not worh doing. I usually get my supplies from West Marine (there are 7 listed in your state)

Proud owner of an 18 catamaran, 28 foot Islander sailboat, and my new/old 30 foot Silverton sportfisher

Good Luck, and happy safe boating

Pete G

Vette,   I bought a gallon of it last year for my boat because I did the bottom myself and it was a lot.  I bought it at West Marine I think I still have half of the gallon left that I would probably part with,  the problem is it's blue but it was good stuff.  :)

Not mine but color blue is close

post-2082-12986552173511_thumb.jpg

post-2082-1298655218894_thumb.jpg

Guest kenya

Thanks for all the info guys.  :o

Bill, thanks for the offer- but all George (hubby) has talked about is doing it in white.

I'll call Chystal River's West Maine and see what they have in stock.  :)

The shipping from most places is ridiculous.

That's because the stuff is nasty in liquid form - it has to be shipped 'hazardous materials'