designed

vinyl injet printing

Hello, can someone recommend a heat transfer vinyl for me to use for t-shirts that I can print on with my cannon inkjet photo printer and where to get it at a good price.  Thank you for some help.

If you're printing on a regular desktop printer, you can just use transfer paper like JPSS. Be warned though if your printer uses dye ink, it is not water resistent and may fade after washing. Search for threads on Epson Workforce 1100, that seems to be the most popular desktop printer on this forum for T-shirt transfers.

If you don't mind small (8.5x11) sheets, you can pick up an Epson C88 or C88+ fairly cheaply - they use the same pigment-based ink as the 1100 - I use mine all the time for photo transfers.

The 'ink jet vinyl' is called 'opaque' or 'dark' transfer paper.  These get printed face-up, can be cut and are transferred like heat vinyl.

Here's a couple videos demonstrating opaque inkjet transfer material:

Basic usage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWVIyEol79o

Print and cut using a vinyl cutter: 

How do I find out if my cannon MX850 can print on the vinyl having the ink that works?  Where will my ink tell me and what am I looking for?

Alright I did some researching and see the cannon  uses dye ink no good.  I saw the other ink for the cannon it was REAL expensive like I saw two cartridges for 85.00 Wow that is expensive unless the are massive in size? :thumbsup:

Guest sciondrgn

Yeah the MX850 is dye based with one pigment based black ink cart. (5 total)  You would be cheaper to just buy a pigment based.

Alright I did some researching and see the cannon  uses dye ink no good.  I saw the other ink for the cannon it was REAL expensive like I saw two cartridges for 85.00 Wow that is expensive unless the are massive in size? :)

cartridges for my printer are $260 each.. lol..