Sircutsalot

transfer tape not sticking too well.

Hey all. I've just getting into the vinyl game and I'm just practicing, but I've noticed that my transfer tape isn't sticking to the vinyl too well. When I try and apply a decal the vinyl just stays on the backing. I'm using Oracle 651 vinyl. Any Clues? :thumbsup:

Are you applying firm pressure with a squeegee when you apply the tape to the decal? If you are and it's not sticking then I would suggest using a good brand of tape such as R-Tape conform.

My tips are.....

1.  don't rest your arms on the vinyl while you weed.  It gets hot in my shop, and my skin oils can get on the vinyl and make things not stick so good.  If you need to, clean with alcohol or the home recipe app fluid you can find on here before you weed, but be careful of the fine cut areas.

2.  Make sure you are not cutting too deep, if you cut too deep into the backing paper, its harder to get off the backing.

3.  Use good app tape, rtape is my favorite!

4.  ***Most Important*** Do not peal tape from the backing paper, flip the graphic over and peel the backing from the tape, roll it back over top of itself at a pretty good angle and that will help alot. 

5.  Squeegee with firm pressure

One thing I've found is squeegeeing on the back side helps the vinyl stick to the tape

MM64  :thumbsup: