Sign in to follow this  
sportsnthings702

NEED THE STEPS TO CONTOUR WITH COREL X3/SIGNCUT

I need the step by step direction on how to contour an image and/or text with Corel X3,using sign cut.Every time i try i see bits and pieces of things that i have read here along the way,but cant seem to put it all together. Im on my way to contour cutting,but this process is now snagging me. I thank you for your time.

With any pixelated image you will need to create a vector outline of whatever you wish to cut as a contour. Import the image into Corel goto Bitmaps>Trace Bitmap> (experiment with the choice of image tracing available). Once you have vectorized (established a curve of) the outline of that you desire to cut, then open the INTERACTIVE TOOLS flyout and click on the contour tool, select the type of contour (inside,center,OUTSIDE) establish the width of offset you desire and apply. You will probably want to right click on the contour and break it apart for cutting. You can either highlight the contour line you desire to cut prior to sending to SignCut or you could make it a unique color to isolate for cutting.

True type text is a bit simpler as all one need do is right click on the text and convert to curves before contouring.

You do realize to contour cut a printed pixelated image or printed text you need to identify it's location in the project with relation to registration marks to cut in the correct location?