Sign in to follow this  
chrisj09

Pricing help for Decals

Hi

A used car dealer and repair shop wants me to do a sticker for them.

The size will be about 5.3" x 1.9" they would like between 500 to 1000, but start off with about 100

I'm not sure if I should on pricing, doing a large quantity will take some time if I do them myself.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Maybe a good job for digital print???

This may be a good job to have someone do for me as I'm just a one man operation at this time, during my free time.

Thanks

Kaotik Signs

This is what the want done.

sglfinal.jpg

IMO, when priced competitively, it isn't going to be worth the time to cut them, but it depends on what they are willing to pay.  I would sub them out printed.

Any suggestions on where I can get them printed, for the ones I need in black.

As for the white ones, I'm not sure what to do. I know it will take some time to cut and weed.

Thanks

might want to see what the customer is gonna think being handed half of them that are black that are printed black on clear vinyl and then a stack of them that are white vinyl

Guest manwayvan

I think I would just do them in vinyl. Start at a hundred and tell them you will do 100 at a time so that you can keep them supplied and still not be pulling your hair out trying to do a thousand at once. Plus I doubt a used car lot is gonna sell a 1000 cars in a cppl weeks.

That's a look of weeding... but I think I'm probably sitting at around $1.25 each and for 500, I'd probably pay some kids $200 to weed them for me.

Cant you get the digitally printed on clear?

yes but there are not many people who have the ability to print white.

Thanks for the info, I've still got to get in contact with the dealer.

I like the idea of doing them in small groups of 100

At this point I have not been given a set quantity.

Will try to get more info tomorrow.

I'd weed them for $1.25 each, but that's pretty high.  If they bite on that, I'd take it and cut them.  Considering you could get them printed for much less than $0.50 each and sell them for 0.75, I'd rather do that, though.

As for the white ones, you could just have the design and a black rectangle printed on white vinyl, creating the illusion of a white print, but it depends on what they are looking for.