Sign in to follow this  
tammylynn49459

Printers for Shirt Press

Also, what's the difference between the Cobra Pigment ink and High temp ink, does it make a difference when doing transfers to heat press?

I dont even have one yet but I will share some emails from the owner of the cobra company which may help

Bill,

If you are doing T-shirts I would reccommend pigment ink, the high temp won't do a good job for photos. The 1100 is the most popular with our commercial T-shirt manufactures. I can ship it out today if you decide to order. The tanks do come on the side full of ink ready to go.

Richard

Bill,

How many depends on how much coverage the page has, I can't honestly answer that without that information and even with the information it would be hard. It comes with 8 times more than what Epson sends it with. In the specifications from epson they cover ink usage. You can order ink off of our website at any time and the bottles are pre designed to fill the tanks without the use of syringe or funnels of any kind. Please visit my website for the ink refills and the pricing. www.cobraink.com/bulkink/  The pigment ink is listed as E-790 ink

Thanks Richard

I'm a noob to the forum but I have been doing shirts for 4 years now and the epson printers are very good for heat transfers I had an epson c88+ for a while with a continuous ink system installed with heat transfer inks. Heat transfer inks are the way to go for proper color after pressing. Black in standard inks tend to turn green if you are doing grey tones and yellow is also an issue. Inks made for heat pressing are definitely what you should use. They are formulated to stay the same color after pressing and they exist for a reason. I have used a wide variety of papers and I have come to the same conclusion as many other posters G3 for darks (cutter compatible) and  jet pro soft stretch for lights both manufactured by  Neenah Papers. I have taken a leap into cutters and am still searching for as much info as possible on how to use this thing and am waiting on a Workforce 1100 large format printer with ink system thanks to the other members and their expert advice. I can't stress enough how important trimming is on any color other than white. Even if you are just printing black lettering for a grey shirt, if you do not trim to 1/16" of the design or letters you will end up with a darker grey  wherever the printed material has not been trimmed.

Sorry for the length of the post.