Sign in to follow this  
Bryan

Using Plotting Pens...

I am fairly new to the sign business using both a refine cutter and a mutoh printer for different types of jobs. I am curious i have seen a few people talking about using plotting pens with their cutters. I have never used them before but would like to learn more about them it sounds like it would be very beneficial to start using them. if anyone could give me some information on not only what and how to use them but a good place to get them from that would be great.

Thanks!

I have used sharpies,ball point pens,gel pens,#2 pencils,mechanical pencils and I even bought some pens that were not ink ,but oil based paint.I took the top of an old sharpie and cut about 3/4 of the bottom of the cap.I cut a 1/8 slit out of the side and use it for a sort of collette to hold the pens tight.It takes a lot more time when you do a two foot square plot with a pen.You have to run real slow or it will dry the pens out.But you can get some nice effects with pens.The pencil plots look like they were hand drawn.You just have to play with the pens to get used to running them.But it's worth the time if the end design is what you were trying to achieve.

All I use is sharpies with all the new color they have....plus it fits in the plotter just right