Sign in to follow this  
kkappy

Transformation paper for Darks?

Are there any transformation paper out there for DARK shirts that don't look or feel like an iron on?  I have an inkjet printer.  I get my paperwor from Coastal business supplies, (I love the paper for the light t-shirts), but the dark transfer paper looks so cheesy on t-shirts.  Is there anything that has a "softer" feel to it like the transfer paper for white shirts?

howdy,it my not be the transfer paper.it may be the ink you are using to make the prints.i have found for darks you should use pigment ink for fabrics.as using other inks the yellow can bleed and change the color of the print.hopes this helps to answer your question.

Guest sciondrgn

what exactly is pigment ink?

Dye inks typically will yield a wider range of colors but pigment ink is more water resistant. Think of tattoo ink.. It is a pigment based ink that soaks into the skin just like pigment printer ink will soak into the fibers of the paper or vinyl.

From my experience Dye ink on t-shirts yields really bad results. The color looks great but once washed it is faded. Where is pigment will tend to last longer and hold its color.

You will need to check and see what type of inkjet printer you have and what the included inks are.. dye or pigment.