Sign in to follow this  
Alien

Paper Party Banners

Does any one on here print party banners for general public? Paper ones for one time use for birthdays, anniversaries, life celebrations in general? 24" x 12' or so. Just wondering. I have done a few. :(

I've never done one that long but I do have a 42" HP Design Jet 800PS engineering plotter. Ink jet :( . I did do a couple of 42" wide transparencies for a customer that wanted to put them on a light box he had. He uses them at 4x4 shows. I used PowerPoint to create the layout and design since there was a lot of text and photos.

I think this plotter might be a good use for the "break away banners" used at high school games. Have you ever done any of those?

As Soon as I get some extra cash I plan on trying the the HP printable vinyl and banner material. I've been trying to find an alternative but haven't had any luck. HP is pretty expensive and I don't know what the alternative material would be from say Oracal. I can't afford to mess this printer up or pay to fix it if I test the wrong material.

P

I've never done one that long but I do have a 42" HP Design Jet 800PS engineering plotter. Ink jet :( . I did do a couple of 42" wide transparencies for a customer that wanted to put them on a light box he had. He uses them at 4x4 shows. I used PowerPoint to create the layout and design since there was a lot of text and photos.

I think this plotter might be a good use for the "break away banners" used at high school games. Have you ever done any of those?

As Soon as I get some extra cash I plan on trying the the HP printable vinyl and banner material. I've been trying to find an alternative but haven't had any luck. HP is pretty expensive and I don't know what the alternative material would be from say Oracal. I can't afford to mess this printer up or pay to fix it if I test the wrong material.

P

you can buy regular type banners that are made for breakaway and just have them printed on with a vinyl printer

you can buy regular type banners that are made for breakaway and just have them printed on with a vinyl printer

Yes, I know that I can buy em and have em printed. What I'm wondering is if the printer I have will work on that material and other printable vinyls besides HP. What I have is an ink jet engineering plotter. My concern is jamming up the print head and screwing the pooch. HP doesn't support it any longer.

It's just me, but I don't like to offer a service and have to depend on a third party. I'd rather do it myself or not at all. I've put myself out there before in front of the third party and always have gotten the screwed. My reputation gets tarnished not theirs, so I don't work that way any longer.

But I digress, thanks for the suggestion anyway. If anyone else has any insight on the materials that I can use in this plotter feel free to send me a PM. I don't want to hijack Aliens thread.

P

Yes, I know that I can buy em and have em printed. What I'm wondering is if the printer I have will work on that material and other printable vinyls besides HP. What I have is an ink jet engineering plotter. My concern is jamming up the print head and screwing the pooch. HP doesn't support it any longer.

It's just me, but I don't like to offer a service and have to depend on a third party. I'd rather do it myself or not at all. I've put myself out there before in front of the third party and always have gotten the screwed. My reputation gets tarnished not theirs, so I don't work that way any longer.

But I digress, thanks for the suggestion anyway. If anyone else has any insight on the materials that I can use in this plotter feel free to send me a PM. I don't want to hijack Aliens thread.

P

I have not tried the banners because the only printable ones i have found for aqueous ink have grommets. The instructions all start with raising the printheads which i have not been able to do on mine. If push comes to shove and time is short i plan to print on the roll vinyl and apply that to the banner.

I have the 42" HP Designjet 500. I have run 24" plain paper through it , heavy 36" paper, poster board from walmart, hp 36" self adhesive vinyl and clear velum. I have 3m vinyl i am going to try shortly. I am also looking at some samples from a supplier other than hp.

I just wanted to see if i was only one doing it or way behind the curve. I had not seen it discussed much anywhere.