Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Quick question on 50/50

I have to do 10 youth shirts, should I go with the 100 % cotton that are a little more or will the Hanes Youth 50/50 T-Shirt - Blank / Plain work?

I am trying to keep the cost down this is for a friend.  Any problems I Will run into using the 50/50 since I am new at the T's and have only done the 100 % cotton ones...

Assuming you are just applying heat vinyl, 50/50 will work fine.  Most basic heatpress vinyls are for cotton or poly blends.

Screenprinting is where you have to be a bit more careful with poly blends.

I try and use the best quality garments.  Yeah it costs a bit more, but I never get any complaints with the finished product.

If they are small kids that will grow out of the shirts within a year I would say 50/50 would be fine. If they plan on keeping them for a few years I would go 100% for the longer lasting/better feel

Guest fivestar

If they are small kids that will grow out of the shirts within a year I would say 50/50 would be fine. If they plan on keeping them for a few years I would go 100% for the longer lasting/better feel

Everyone around here wants 50/50 shirts.  I've got some shirts here that have been washed well over a 100 times and they still look and feel great.  I don't think 50/50 shirts are less quality at all.

I always use 50/50 and have no problems/complaints. I choose 50/50 because it doesn't shrink and holds up better than 100% cotton

Guest fivestar

I always use 50/50 and have no problems/complaints. I choose 50/50 because it doesn't shrink and holds up better than 100% cotton

:thumbsup: