jfought

come one come all need some design help

we are doing this sign it is 6' x 10' we have come up with what is posted and it looks good on the computer but we made a smaller version to see what it would look like. after we got it done we find it really hard to read. we  would like any design ideas that we can get.

thanks for all the help

Grafix By Dezign

post-2509-1298654809584_thumb.jpg

lhac.EPS

post-2509-12986548113833_thumb.jpg

lhac.EPS

hmmm the purple going through the letters seems to throw my eyes off. maybe make the purple area larger so the text fits inside? im not that great at designing so i dunno

Try this out.

I'm no designer by a long shot. I just played with it. The words were kinda hard to read. I added a white outline around the letters to separate the black and purple from blending in too much. Seems easier to read to me.

lhac.eps

lhac.eps

Mr. peabody thats the way they want it. i dont like it to much either we were thinking of having the white althe way around LHAC

I'd do the LHAC on top, and in smaller and undistorted text do the words underneath.Maybe Bank Gothic  or similar for the small text.  With it split up like suggested it is almost unreadable and seems awkward... Also the purple background needs to be either the whole sign or just the LHAC, but not split up the way it is.. It almost looks like your computer combined two different signs into one, kinda like th epeanut butter in my Chocolate thing but not quite as tasty as a reeses.. ;D

Remember... SIMPLE is READABLE.....And UNREADABLE signs reflect on YOU, even if it is what the customer wants.. So your job is to sell the sign they NEED, not the one they want.

What is the significance of the current  purple  shape?  

EDIT:  I wonder what it would look like if you were to have the purple background striped instead of solid? Try different stripe widths.. (alternating purple and white stripes, try both large polo shirt style stripes and narrow pinstripe ones to see what looks better..)

At first glance the sign looked fine, but I see what you mean about readability once I started to look at it it drove me nuts..lol...

Be glad you caught it now and have an eye for it....a lot of folks woulda just cut it out and went with it.....

Unless the customer was very adament i would raise the top row of lettering to clear the purple and lower the bottom row of lettering to clear the purple. My .02. :thumbsup:

Unless the customer was very adament i would raise the top row of lettering to clear the purple and lower the bottom row of lettering to clear the purple. My .02. :thumbsup:

this is what what came up. other than than that they pretty muched want to leave it. the purple center is the county outline.