Sign in to follow this  
Zal

Oldsmobile 442 w-30

I have a buddy that is redoing his Oldsmobile Cutlass 442, he doesnt want to put the metal badging back on since it s a drag car so he wondered if i could cut the badges out of vinyl. I cant find a clean pic of the 442 or w-30 badges. I have already been to brands of the world, no luck. Anyone know of any? Thanks!

Do you have a photo of the original logo to look at?  Might be possible to draw one that looks similar.

Thats what i am thinking, I am just going to take a photo of the badging and try to do it that way.

Here is a photo of the badge guys and girls. I got a halfway decent conversion of it but I am sure someone could do a lot better. Thanks in advance!

[attachment deleted by admin]

I cant seem to get mine to clean up. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys

The best bet s to scann it (so it is really straight, remember when you take a picture there is always be an angle) then take it to your tracing software and hand trace it. Dont use the auto trace feature, doing it yourself with the pen tool will lead to better results.

Joe

you can buy a pen to trace? I didnt know that, the mouse is really clumsy. Where can I pick up a pen tool?

Lol, thats exactly what i was wishing I could find in illustrator this morning. I am still learning the software. I used to kick butt using the spline tool in MatcCad back in the day. Thanks for the tip Joe!

Im Glad I helped!

It is good for the first try, that it areally hard to learn tool. I would only work a bit in the number 3.

Way to go Zal. For more tips you can check here

www.pixel2life.com

under the Illustrator section.

Joe

I went through and cleaned up a few stray points, it polished it up a bit. Thats a great website Joe, I appreciate the help.