Sign in to follow this  
thredz

Installing the cp-2500 with signcutx2

When you install the cp-2500 for signcut one of the things that helped me was to go to the printers and faxes folder in the windows control panel and install the letters cutter driver.When I ran a cut last night,I set the cutter driver options to copam - cp-2500 - and letters cutter as the device instead of using lpt1.I think the letters cutter driver acts as a spooler.I could never get it to cut right using lpt1 as the device.But after designating letters cutter,it cut smooth fast straight lines.

could you elaborate a little more on this letter cutter driver. Where is it located. I am having issues cutting from the lpt port of my computer (at least that is cutting, the USB isnt cooperating at all, but that is besides the point right now)

Hopefully what you did will help, im just not sure how to go about doing what you said.

Thanks

I installed the letters cutter driver from signcut.I'm sure it's on the cd,but I downloaded my version from signcut.Ever since I have installed the letters cutter driver and use it as the device instead of lpt1,I have had zero problems in cutting or plotting.I can't even tell you where I read the information to use that driver in that way.But more than likely it was at the signcut x2 site in the f.a.q. section.

I'm trying to install this Letters cutter driver of which you speak, but I can't find it on signcut website, or on the CD, and personally, I've never heard of it before.  Do you know where I can locate it?