Sign in to follow this  
paulzeee

Vinyl Application Help

I have an issue with an outline sticker of a font. The only issue i foresee is with letters like the A,B,O and R where the small pieces are needed. Is there anything to put over the sticker to ensure a long lasting application?

The stickers are put on a powder coated metal. Clear coating over the sticker isnt completely out but wanted to check to see if there are options out there.

thanks

You can put a clear laminate over it or use a spray clear laminate like Frog Juice.

Why do you foresee problems with long-term durability?  If you use a high-quality vinyl like 751, 851, or 951, you should see ~10 year+ longevity, even with the smaller details, as long as the surface is clean and the vinyl is applied correctly.

the wear on what its on is pretty high (stunt bike parts) and also the size of font/ the middle of the "A" for example. a tiny sliver could easily come off (or am i wrong with a higher grade material. i've only worked with 651 or equivalent)

Not sure what kind of stunt bike parts you are talking about, but a laminate, flat or spray isn't going to protect any vinyl from abrasion from pavement and such.

Laminates work best with digitally printed flat graphics, but you can try them on cut vinyl, with mixed results.