Sign in to follow this  
jhawes83

MH 721 Problems

We just got a US Cutter Refine MH 271 last week and it has been absolutely nothing but a pain. After finally getting the drivers all set up and finally getting the info for Sign Cut, I tried cutting out a design and it just completely went crazy with the cuts. There are lines everywhere, zig zagging all through it and it doesn't even cut out half of the image. As far as I can tell, the line is grounded, so it shouldn't be a static issue, and the blade depth seems to be about where it needs to be, so I don't think that's the issue. I called tech support and they told me to submit a ticket, which I did... on Monday. I even marked it Urgent (which I'm sure everyone does), but yeah, still haven't heard anything at all from them. I'm going to attach pictures of what it's doing so I can hopefully get some help with it.

Thanks

post-6606-12986547241964_thumb.jpg

post-6606-1298654724224_thumb.jpg

post-6606-12986547253391_thumb.jpg

post-6606-12986547253576_thumb.jpg

Can  you post the eps file?  It looks like you still have part of  a jpg or bitmap in it and that may cause that....

Signcut work with only vector files

Also what design program are you using?  Inscape corel etc. ?

Open the image in your design software, if you are using Inkscape select view>display mode>outline then select and delete the rectangle with the red x in it. Now you may go to the efffects menu  and select export>send to SignCut.

Yeah, I did it as a .cdr file... I made a .jpg file to post on here. I don't have it as an .eps because on this computer I use Corel Draw.

I have a MH-721 and Its been a Great Cutter...........but I use Flexi I don't care for sign blazer or whatever comes with it........and for the price, If you want to make signs get Flexi worth the extra money..........