Sign in to follow this  
Damus

Wow... thats all I have to say..oh yea need help too..

Hey whats up everyone?

So I just got a email for a quote on 25-100-250 shirts for this guy. Apparently they are some sort of horror-core rap group???

I would like the business but not really sure how to get a transfer made of this because of the photo. I have never seen a transfer that looked like a photo. As I understand it only a direct to garment printer can produce this type of image. Am I wrong? sure I guess I can do the generic iron on but not really a quality shirt that will last.

Any way does anyone have exp. with trying to produce a shirt like this?

oh yea throw in your quotes too for 25-100-250 for these as well. At least it will be a good starting point.

thanks for your help! :huh:

post-2372-12986547240999_thumb.jpg

post-2372-12986547252861_thumb.jpg

I haven't ran across any plastisol transfer co that will produce halftones that will reproduce that look.  It will take some graphic work and a better photo, nonetheless, to output a reasonable halftone for either direct screenprinting or transfer.

A DTG printer would work, but it would take a DTG capable of white ink on black.  In addition the blanks are considerably more expensive.

I cant speak much for iron-ons, but some people have reasonable results with the inkjet papers for darks. 

Long story short...direct screenprinting is your best option, that could be done with a 2, maybe 3 color simulated process print, white and 1-2 grays.  If they are one-sided, you could get them for about $10 for 25, $8ish for 100 and maybe $6-7ish for 250.

Thanks for the heads up...I dont have a screen printer to really farm this out to. I have seen shirts with a photo on the shirt with a high gloss finish over the top to give it a overall rubbery feel but not sure what the process is to create such a shirt. I am going to try and get some more info before I have to pass but it looks like I am going that way.

I haven't ran across any plastisol transfer co that will produce halftones that will reproduce that look.  It will take some graphic work and a better photo, nonetheless, to output a reasonable halftone for either direct screenprinting or transfer.

A DTG printer would work, but it would take a DTG capable of white ink on black.  In addition the blanks are considerably more expensive.

I cant speak much for iron-ons, but some people have reasonable results with the inkjet papers for darks.  

Long story short...direct screenprinting is your best option, that could be done with a 2, maybe 3 color simulated process print, white and 1-2 grays.  If they are one-sided, you could get them for about $10 for 25, $8ish for 100 and maybe $6-7ish for 250.

Its probably an inkjet transfer designed for dark shirts, JetPro makes one, although I don't know much about it.  However, IMO, to get a good result, you should get it screenprinted.  There has to be tons of printers in Denver..

Check out t-shirtforums.com