Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenya

Can this be done?

Guest kenya

I have a customer wanting this logo sandblasted on a beer mug.

I'm not sure, but I would think that the shadowing could not be done.

But maybe just redo the font to make it cut & blast it that way......

what do you think?

Thanks.

post-0-12986547001416_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986547020631_thumb.jpg

maybe sandblast the shadow area and leave the WHITE area as the glass itself........just a thought as i dont do sandblasting

I'd go with acid cream on that one. Not as deep a penetration but will do the finer detail. Those fine letter outlines are gonna blow out if you use much force.  my $.02

You can do it Kenya. Just keep your distance with the blast gun and take your time. Stay straight on to the design so as not to undercut the stencil. Slow and steady wins the race with blasting.

Guest kenya

O.k..... I think I will just blast everything that is black & leave the white areas untouched.

I've tried to vectorize this, but it's not coming out enough. I don't need the pitted look in the font, I would just like to make the black areas solid.

Here's what I come up with in inky- :thumbsup:.

But when I cut it, I never get the entire d or G in it. It cuts them off.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

staygold.eps

staygold.eps

with photoresist and a fine grit it can easily be done... now, if you are cutting vinyl and weeding... good luck!  To get this it must be a size you are comfortable weeding, don't get the gun too close, always keep it at 90

Look up how to do multilayer on the etching and the rectangles on the bottom can give to it a nice depth, it is actually simple, make sure to just cut the letters and cover the area you want to do the rectangles, once you are done with the letters, remove the vinyl or mask and do the rectangles, it will give it a nicer look, practice makes perfect, so practice on a separate piece of glass until you get the result you want, all it takes is one or two times to get it right and get the hang of it.