Sign in to follow this  
dimpledots

Need Help instructions on knife not cutting all the way through the vinyl.

I have been using this for about 2 weeks now and my vinyl is not coming off very well.  I am wasting a ton!  I can't seem to find clear instructions on moving the blade down so it will make a good cut.  I can not feel any indentions on the back of the paper or can I see any under the letters on the paper. Any suggestions?

Have you tried increasing the pressure?  Take the cutter offline and hit "MODE" until "PRESSURE" is displayed.  Then use the buttons on the bottom left of the panel and increase the pressure.  Then keep hitting "MODE" until it shows the position of the head.  From there, you can hit "PAUSE" twice and it will cut a small rectangle.  See how easy the rectangle peels off then adjust your pressure from there.

To adjust the blade, do the same thing and tighten the cap about 1/8th turn each time until you can cut through.

Should the pressure be increased or decreased?  I am trying to cut 651 Oracal vinyl.  I moved it up to 150 and it still does not seem to be cutting very well.  What's a good pressure?

150 should be PLENTY good (if not too much).  Can you see the blade sticking out of the bottom of the holder?  Is the blade holder installed all the way down in the hole it goes in?