Sign in to follow this  
bamafan2277

Screen Printing Coro-plast

What kind of ink is best used to print on coro-plast?

A friend of mine who does screen printing did a test on a piece and after he dried it the ink is still smearing when touched or brushed against.

He tried it with water based ink.

Thanks,

You need to use a solvent-based ink for coro.  Nazdar is one company that makes several.  It puts off major fumes, so ventilation is a must.

There are also some UV cure inks available that don't have as bad fumes, but you need a special UV curing system.  You also need to use high-mesh frames (>300).

bigfoot

we have a place here in louisville that prints them so cheap it's crazy.

yardsigns101.com  they are on crittenden drive. offer free shipping and no set up fees. I have not used them but know someone who does and he says they do great job.

kenny

My friend at work does screen printing of shirts right now and he is going to screen print the sings for me. I told him I would give him a hand with them and provide the supplies and use his equipment and split the profit with him. He has sent alot of vinyl business my way.

cool, I have no affiliation I was just passing on a useful resource. He does offer free shipping so it would be good for anyone here

Thanks for all the information!

That place does have great prices. I will definately use him if we get a order we don't have time for!!