Sign in to follow this  
Guest manwayvan

Need Help Getting this 2 colors like the link shown

Guest manwayvan

Hey everyone I have this vector in black only and the customer is wanting it in black and yellow as shown in the link. I know the link to the color is copywritten and is for information purposes only. Any help would be greatly appreciated as they are wanting this by wednesday

close all the open paths on the eps. file . that way you will be able to then colour the image. did you need help to do this.?

pete

Guest manwayvan

Yah if you dont mind pete I would really appreciate it..I have never done anything like this and not sure on how to go about it

Guest manwayvan

I thought about making a mask over the original in yellow to lay over it and resize to fit but that didnt turn out at all..

still working on it . im having to close all the open paths to be able to give you a 2 colour eps.................. very slow process

Guest manwayvan

Thanks guys you all are awsome..Is there an easy way to go about doing this kind of thing instead of closing the paths as vinyl tree was talking about

On something like this, where you have an outine and you want to give it a fill for 2 color, I take the outline and make a duplicate of it. Then move one to the side and work with the other.(make sure its grouped) and draw a square big enough to cover the entire outline (solid fill with no stroke). Then select both the square and the outline and in your pathfinder window click `minus back`. It will make a `punch`in the square like a stencil. The parts that are left make up your 2nd color overlay. Personally, when doing a multi color like this, I will go back to the outline, and make it a silouette then lay the 2nd color over it. You can take the one that i did apart and see what im talking about.

sorry manwayvan i spent 5 hours trying to vector it a when i checked the forum other members had beat me to to the punch. ..........sorry about that. but the way mech said make alot more sense then the way i did it

Guest manwayvan

Hey vinyl I really appreciate you working on it..I am always learning and hope I can put your advice to work..Thanks alot man and sorry bout that