Sign in to follow this  
Misti J

Cutter and Signblazer Freeze after one completed cut...

I've been using my PCUT for several months. Things were going great until i moved and set it all up again. Just a couple days ago, i would complete one job and then go and start something else. Well once i hit cut on the second job it freezes and i have to shut signblazer down and restart it. Then i have to unplug usb from my computer, replug it in, change the settings to USB PORT and then hit the red button on the PCUT so that everything has now restarted and i can cut again.  I have to do this every single time.

I'm on a huge deadline to get tons of stuff done and this is really slowing me done. Can anyone please help me out? What am i doing wrong?

Thanks-

Misti

www.quotekrazy.com

Sounds like a USB Communication error to me. Do you have the option of using a Serial connection instead of USB?

Guest sciondrgn

Also make sure your not using a USB Hub.. Plug directly into a USB.. Sometimes some PC cases have USB cable on the front or top but they act as a hub on the main boards USB thats typically ported on the back..

a dedicated USB port will help if this is case on how you have it hooked up now.

Sounds so familiar! Mine does it too! Only mine is more evil....it does it in the middle of cutting a graphic so I not only waste time but alot of money in vinyl goes out the door. mine is plugged into usb on the back of the computer, I do not have a serial port and no where to add one, so on that I'm screwed until I can get a Graphtec...I cant wait till I can afford it!

Renee

Thanks everyone... It's not plugged into a hub just the front of the harddrive. I did have to re-order the USB cable and i do believe it looks a little different. I do have a serial plug so maybe i should try that one.

I did a couple of cuts last night and Sign Blazer did two jobs and then froze..

Thanks again!

Misti

Guest sciondrgn

Thanks everyone... It's not plugged into a hub just the front of the harddrive. I did have to re-order the USB cable and i do believe it looks a little different. I do have a serial plug so maybe i should try that one.

I did a couple of cuts last night and Sign Blazer did two jobs and then froze..

Thanks again!

Misti

Misti,

Does your Computer have USB ports on the back? Try these.. Alot of times USB ports on the fronts/tops of PC's are just a split from the ones in the back and it can cause issues..

A serial connection though should provide you with a more stable and reliable connection if you have the option on your pc

Must be the weather or something, my pcut had been working with out any issues for almost the whole year, i purchased my pcut last dec.  Today when i went todo some cuts, it was doing the exact same thing, it would cut one design, then when i would go start the another one, it would start and the software would freeze (signblazer) and or the cutter would have a "wait" on the screen.  Either way nothing has changed in the year that I have had it but the weather so go figure?

I am going to try serial port as I have the cable and the connections, i just had not tried it because usb had been working so good for me until today.

wish me luck.

STATIC, STATIC, STATIC, figured out what my problem was..... ground, ground, ground, funny how I never had a problem with my cutter over a year of it being used it was never grounded, but this big roll that was coming to an ended gave me so much problems.  static....