Sign in to follow this  
VolleyChick

Starter performance shirts

I just picked up a couple men's Starter shirts, label says Men's athletic Dri-Star, the neck label says 100% Repreve recycled polyester. I want to put my logo on with Siser EW, which says use on polyester so am I ok using it on these shirts? Sorry if I'm answering my own question, but I just can't imagine cotton and this fabric working the same - I feel like its going to melt or something. 

Thanks,

Di

Siser has a low temp and low dwell time, so you should be fine.  I have done some 100% poly (not dri-mesh) and it worked fine.

I did some 88% poly 12% spandexlycra shirts for my daughters volleyball team using siser EW and they turned out good.  I used the same setting that I used on cotton, 320F for 20 seconds.

At the end of the tourney they "traded" shirts with an hawaiian team so I guess I'll never get to find out how well the held up.  But for the week of the tournament they looked great.  :thumbsup:

azdecals

I did some 88% poly 12% spandexlycra shirts for my daughters volleyball team using siser EW and they turned out good.  I used the same setting that I used on cotton, 320F for 20 seconds.

At the end of the tourney they "traded" shirts with an hawaiian team so I guess I'll never get to find out how well the held up.  But for the week of the tournament they looked great.  :thumbsup:

azdecals

I just finished 30 nylon back pack type bags for the school soccer team and I had to  tone down the heat, the first bag I did at 320 for 15 sec and it melted the seams of the  bag AND the vinyl. the rest of them I did at 315 foor 15 sec and they did pretty well. I did a wind breaker as well at this temp. When you refer to siser ew you are talking bout the EXTRA ( for leather and nylon) right? I havent tried just regular ew on nylon.  For cotton I use the reccommended setting of 304 at 15 sec.

I did some 88% poly 12% spandexlycra shirts

azdecals

When you refer to siser ew you are talking bout the EXTRA ( for leather and nylon) right?

No I just used the regular easy weed, not the extra.  I did the ~12-15 shirts, I also did one of my wifes running skirts, and another shirt as a test before I signed up for these team shrits.  The skirt and the test shirt (my daughter wears) are still holding up well.  The regular stuff seems to work well on the polylycra blend.  I haven't tried any nylon yet. (if I do I'll get the extra) :)

azdecals