Sign in to follow this  
mbkommers

Pcut 630 connection issues..

I'm pretty new at this, and even though it seems like I've tried everything and searched everywhere, I can't get this to work..

I bought a pcut 630, it has sign blazer, and came with drivers on a cd as well. I've tried those drivers, along with the driver that was linked to in the Noob-V4_4.pdf manual that I found on this site. It seems there is still a problem with my laptop communicating with the cutter.

In Device Manager it shows USB serial port (COM15). When I use a different USB port it says (COM16). When I hit "cut!" in sign blazer, the cutter does nothing, while the "file" shows in the printer spool.

I'm using Vista, and I don't have a serial connection. What am I doing wrong?

Try to set the com port to either 1, 2, 3, or 4 (IN device manager).  These seem to work the best.  And don't forget to change it in SignBlazer.  Also, in SignBlazer, the correct one will stand out.  You'll see what I mean.

Jay

Ok remove all USB devices on the PC.

Now only hook the USB cable from the cutter in one of the USB ports of the PC and check with the hardware manager the lowest possible serial USB port number you can find.

SBE does not like to connect to high number serial usb ports like 15.

If you have a low port number then set SBE to same port and there you go.

Port 1 and 2 are real serial ports and cant be assigned by USB even if the pc has no serial ports.

Paco

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the're "REAL" serial ports if you have "REAL" serial ports.  If you don't, then you can assign USB ports to COM 1 & 2.