Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Remus

what size press?

OK after tons of research I need to make a decision, as I have shirt orders coming in & no press...I have decided on a Hix press...Now I need to know what size is best 15x15 or 16x20?....What would I use a 16x20 for?

You'll be fine with a 15x15, but its kinda one of those things that you don't know what you are missing until you have it.  If you don't have to ever move it, then the 16x20 is the way to go.  The larger platen maintains heat better if you are really cranking through a bunch of shirts quickly and its a lot easier to align the larger XL+ shirts.  The negatives to the larger platen is that it takes longer to heat up if you are just wanting to do a single shirt or something and moving it around isn't a very healthy event for most people.

You'll be fine with a 15x15, but its kinda one of those things that you don't know what you are missing until you have it.  If you don't have to ever move it, then the 16x20 is the way to go.  The larger platen maintains heat better if you are really cranking through a bunch of shirts quickly and its a lot easier to align the larger XL+ shirts.  The negatives to the larger platen is that it takes longer to heat up if you are just wanting to do a single shirt or something and moving it around isn't a very healthy event for most people.

+1

i would think a 15 x 15 would be fine........thats what i have and have NEVER wished i had a bigger press.

Same here.  It's always good to have the biggest you can afford/have room for, but I have never wished for bigger than my 15x15.