Sign in to follow this  
lonestarcountrymusic

Do i really need the Laserpoint Cutter?

right now all im looking to do is cut car decals and im not looking to do much more.  do i need the laserpoint cutter or will the USCutter MH style be just fine?  looking for pretty good quality of work from the machine.

The MH will do just fine for that. The only thing the LaserPoint does that the MH doesn't is countour cutting. Contour cutting is cutting the outline of a printed decal.

Jay

Guest sciondrgn

Congrats on the purchase.. you will be cutting in no time

Guest sciondrgn

haha  thanks  just hope i dont screw anything up  lol.    does the software that comes with it allow you to create your own decals? (car decals and such?)

Yup if your getting signblazer you can go ahead and download it now and play to get the feel for it,

http://www.filesavr.com/sbewsetup

Also check out InkScape, Its a free download and a great vector program  inkscape.org

Don't forget your supplies as well!

Vinyl, Application Tape, Squeegee, Razor Blades and Weeding tools!!

yes it will do that, and pretty well for Freeware, but keep in mind, like most vector conversions programs, it doesn't paly well with colors. So convert your image to greyscale or black and white first.

You may also want to get a program called Irfranview. This has the ability to convert a lot of files that you may want changed for importing and vectoring.

Kevin

correct, but where most graphics tracing software falls shot is the ability to separate the colors correctly, and efficiently. If you have to spend an hour cleaning up an image after the program traces it then it's really not worth it.

I have heard the new Corel X4 trace is supposed to handle it much better, I had the demo of it but didn't take the time to test that theory out on it.

Kevin

watch on Ebay. Coreldraw X4 for like $70. i almost boght it, but I found Flexi instead, which works better for me. I have photoshop if I want to edit pics.

Kevin