Sign in to follow this  
bethj95

Inkscape

so I am trying to do this on my own but I can not figure out for ths life of me how to get the picture to inkscape do you start in corel and export then import I am missing a step ....I am really trying but just not getting it

Thanks

You can either import or open the file.  You just have to find the folder that you saved it in and find the file.  I'm not fond of inkscapes import/open method of presenting folders and files.  You can change the "file type" option to *.jpg to narrow it down some.  I don't know how to help you find the file.

you can open jpg, gif, svg, ai and several others but it won't open a coreldraw (cdr) file directly and it won't open an eps file.

I'm proud of you for trying to learn though!

Thanks for the support I will keep trying I get in the file open window and just can't find anything

I didn't realize that you had coreldraw.  What version do you have?  You can trace bitmaps in there just as easy

I have Coreldraw 9 which is where all my files are saved before I import them to winpc......................I just guress I don't fully understand the whole bitmap thing probally when I do it it will be easy but figuring it out is very trying

Version 9 was 4 years ago, I've burned a lot of brain cells since then.  I don't remember the process exactly.  But it goes something like this.  Import the jpg, click on it to select it.  Then under Bitmaps on the top menu bar there should be an option to trace bitmap.  Click on that and you should get a split screen with your original image in one and the other one is where your traced image shows up.  There are several options in there but just try the defaults. 

I really forgot if you have to do something to get the trace to your corel page or if it just does it automatically when you close the trace window.  I'm thinking you had to save the trace but I'm not sure.  Maybe someone else with version 9 will help us out here.

Yeah I followed you basic directions I printed out for inkscape and was able to do it not the only thing is the image needs to be cleaned up how do you do that?;)? you should really charge by the hour for all this help........THANKS

I got called out to work.

Cleaning up a trace is difficult to explain.  What you have to do depends on what is wrong with it.  Export the trace as an eps and upload it here so I can look at it... tomorrow... its bed time now.