Sign in to follow this  
volkspeed

Software to use with Copem

Hello  B)

I am purchasing either one of these cutters (Refine or Copem). My question for the Copem is,

Can I use Flexi with it?

What other software supports this cutter?

This is my first cutter and have alot to learn. Im technically saavy, can design, and a fast learner, I just have never created a vinyl sign. Ill be hanging around these forums in a regular basis from now on.

I used the roland pnc1000 driver in flexi,when I installed R2.But with the copam,I couldn't get it to run with the pnc1000.I finally installed an hp/gpl driver and got it to work.It's not the proper driver though.I have went to scanvec to see if they have driver for the copam,but if I ever have a problem with cutting I probably will see if they have a driver,or email Shenzhen and see if they have a driver for flexi.

Billy...is there anyway you can post actually what driver you used, or the weblink if you downloaded it.

I am working with making the Copam cutter compatible with the software programs I have used for years (Flexi and Roland CutStudio)

Thanks

Michael Jones

michael at rockstarpaint.com

I got an email from Amy Yang at copam.She said that the techs were working on a flexisign driver along with the scanvec techs.But then she said she would not be able to let me know anything for ten days because it was the start of the chineese new year or something like that.That was two days ago.So far,the hewlet packard HPGL driver has worked.I don't trust it enough to do a large job without having enough backup vinyl.It works great in signcut,but my registrationl has expired and I haven't renewed it yet.When I get something about the flexi driver from Ms.Yang I'll post if there is a link.

Billy,

Where did you get the HPGL driver. I got the copam 2500 and thought I was upgrading, but now I have a couple of jobs to process, and am missing my refine MH721 about now.  I hate using artcut, I think it's probably the most worthless program ever....and I really only use flexi.  So, if I can get the copam to work with Flexi, that would be perfect!

Stace

It's one of the standard drivers in the add drivers list .Just go to hewlet packard then click on the hpgl in the right side.I'm running on lpt1,and it has worked great on a 2'x2' run.

That's odd, I don't show any options for HP in the drivers list.  I wonder if I can download it somehow.

I found a GREAT driver to use with Copam, it works in Flexi, as well as with other cutting programs such as LXI Master.  I cut a 10 foot long job this morning, and it cut it beautifully.  The copam appears to use the same driver as the Graphtec CE1000-60.  Just FYI! 

Once I got this driver to work, I went from hating the new copam, to absolutely loving it.  It runs quietly, andn does a great job cutting, and appears to be more precise than the refine mh721 that I used to have.

The copam is a damn fine cutter!I like the way it cuts and the speed.It's so much quieter than R2.And the stand is much better material.I'm glad you found a driver to work in flexi.I haven't had any problems with the hpgl driver.But then again I've been using signcut for the copam and I have R2 on a laptop using flexi.No problems either way.