Sign in to follow this  
johnh

Application tape, 2 layer vinyl clear or paper

Hi everyone. Im still a bit new but learning fast. I think lol. Heres the situation. Im cutting lettering for a truck. Gold letter with red over the top as a outline. The red is actually a thin outline and inline of the letter. Im using paper app tape but having a problem seeing through the paper to line up, even with a registration mark. Should i be doing wet transfer between the two? should i do it on the truck or should i do it before i even go. Its my companys truck and they know im practicing but whats the correct way? i saw alot of videos on youtube but only gave me so much info.

apply the one color on top of the other prior to putting on. paper app tape will be hard unless you can use like a light table. either that or break down and buy some clear app tape

Guest sciondrgn

Couple ways you could do it,

Do a wet install one layer at a time on the vehicle,

Use a light table with a hinge method to lay the top layer

Clear App tape with registration marks.

Me personally I use a light table with a hinge method but If im installing the decal I prefer to do it wet install one layer at a time.

thanks for the response and i finally figured it out, i already had clear app tape but didnt know how to use it.  overlaying a small piece of clear app tape over the reg marks is a great way to be able to remove the start of the two layers if its not going straight.