bmcs1972

Vectorizing a photograph

I have a person who is interested in doing a vinyl cut-out out of her nephew.  It was going to be a photograph that she was going to give me (i haven't seen the image), but how would you go about taking a photograph and making it into an eps to cut. I do have inkscape, i haven't had a chance to play with it yet, for I use Corel most of the time.

Thanks

I did this and posted pictures of a mirror I etched of my niece.  The biggest help I found in Corel Paint was under "edge effects" I clicked "enhance more".  That gave better outlines to vectorize from.

I found that when you edit the light and dark values to make them lighter and darker it helps when traced.Also sharpening the photo. I use corel draw but for photos i edit in adobe photo shop and trace in illustrator. The editing might take a few trys just to get or not get what you want in you final trace. Just use any simple photo editing program the photoshop just has more crap but end product will be almost the same.

Sabrina....that looks really cool, I want to try that, if I start having questions would you be able to throw out some assistance.

BM

Sabrina....that looks really cool, I want to try that, if I start having questions would you be able to throw out some assistance.

BM

Sure post the picture on here and we can compare what we come up with.