Sign in to follow this  
bmcs1972

Buring Screens for customers

I recieved a phone call from a person that needed some screens burnt.  How many of you do these for customers, also how much would you charge to do this service. I'm worried about multiple colors if the images don't line up then you have to do it all over again.  Also, do you have the customer supply there own screens? Any other info would be benificial.

Thanks

Brian

Guest oldthredz

Never Supply your own screens because if the result is not good they will say you used the wrong mesh count

i have done a few but i charge 25.oo per screen for one color and 20.00 for multiple they will charge their customer any way so

they should have no problem paying that also if i need to do the art work i charge 25.00 per hour

Why would someone want you to burn screens for them?  They have a press, but no capability to burn a screen?  I wouldn't do it, for the reasons already posted.  Just sell em on the printing too  :thumbsup:

Customer does not supply the screens either.  You never know what the condition of the screen is, and then you have the problem of giving it back to the customer (reclaimed or not), where they can claim you damaged it, and claim it's value at whatever they want.

I started calling my "screen fee" a "setup fee" to avoid customers who, for some reason, think they own the screen after they pay a "screen fee".

i look at it this way......you dont go to walmart and buy a box of hamburger patties and take to wendys to have them cooked, do you???

Don't do it...your helping out a garage printer low ball you on bids in your area....They will ruin your market!