Sign in to follow this  
CyberChuck

Need Expert Help

I have a really low quality picture that is primarily text with a banner "draped" through it. I need to get this vectorized or recreated. I thought I could clean up the image, but it hasn't worked out yet.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

post-4248-12986542340067_thumb.jpg

post-4248-12986542355654_thumb.jpg

To some degree, yes. I use it to vectorize. But, in this instance, it ain't working.

Charlie

Yeah, no auto-trace feature can help you with that image.

Use the "Bezier & Straight line" tool. It's below the "freehand" tool on the left.

CyberChuck,

I can convert it, but the clean up work would require a lot of time. I think you would be better off to start from scratch and recreate. It wouldn't be bad once you identify the correct fonts. Unless you can come up with a cleaner image.

Just my 2

This is not for a job or anything else. I an rebuilding a bar in Walk Ons and saw their logo. Figured it would be a challenge to try, so I went to their website and skeefed the logo. I just realized that they have a PDF of their menu at http://stage.redstick.com/content_walkons/pdf/walkons_menu.pdf with the logo embedded in it. Can anyone here tell me how to get the logo out of the pdf using Inkscape & SBE? I know it's possible (from reading about others doing it) but I have no idea how.

I downloaded the pdf. Opened it with Inkscape. Unlocked the file. Ungrouped it. Deleted everything except the image. Went to save as walkons.eps . Then fired up SBE and I can see the file, but it won't import. Acts like it's importing, but nothing shows up. Any help would be appreciated.

Charlie

Thanks to both of you for the help. I'm going to go see what I can do with it. But, to be perfectly honest, I don't plan on spending days on end fighting it. I'll throw in the towel and try to recreate it before I kill myself trying to save what I have.

Hell, I could probably ask them for the vector and get it. They are constantly changing banners, coro signs etc.

Charlie

Guest Ls Creation

Thanks.

Charlie

You're welcome Charlie, Good luck there are 876 elements in this one file.

Guest Ls Creation

Hey Charlie, Sorry I just noticed that the title said