Aaron636r

plastisol transfers

What are you guys using?  Ive seen a good list of companies doing them but I valid the opinions of this board more than others.  Who's the cheapest for the shortest amount in runs?  Been doing some home work and they all seem soem one in the same realm of pricing.

Thanks

Guest fivestar

I use Ace Transfer Company only.  They are very close to me and turn around time to me is normally less then a week.  I actually put in 5 orders with them yesterday and today.  I will have my first order Friday and the rest Monday.

I like Transfer Express, reliable and quality but not the cheapest out there.

versatranz.com and Howard's are also ok.

Guest fivestar

Shipping doesn't kill you?

Who me?  Nope shipping isn't bad at all for me, but they are only 2 hrs away from me.

I will have to check them out.  Rookie when it comes to plastisol...we'll see how it goes.

Same here, shipping isn't bad, usually $7-8. And they are all a one day ship for me in MI.

I have quite a few sign supply places here on So Cal.  Cant believe I dont have anyone local of plasticol...that ive found anyways.

ooops Sorry I didn't notice we were talking about CA. That would be a few days. Let me see if I can find a good one on your end of town.

I asked in an embroidery forum I belong to, I thought I remembered someone asking a while about a source in CA. I guess I never thought about it before but very lucky to have several sources to even choose from. Would seem strange if you don't have ANY out west?? I'll let you know if I get a response, they are a great network of people.

It seems like for smaller qty's...like a dozen shirts its cheaper to just get them screen printed.  Am I seeing pricing correctly?

Just sucks because I love how they look, transfer...etc.  Just seems to pricey for anything to get made custom.

Ha,

The typical 2 color designs cost about:

15 - $5.75

20 - $4.64

25 - $3.99

35 - $3.25

50 - $2.69

100 - $2.04

We hardly ever order less than 50 an if we need like 12 or so I just make my design & use the ol cuttter .

They might cost alittle more than silk screening yourself but they are sure nice when all you got to do is slap them on the shirt & press.

We don't do silk screen so I can't tell you how much that costs. Sure would like to learn that though.

Mike

Ive ordered samples and they are great to transfer and time time to do it rather than using vinyl is far better.

Thanks for your input guys

I just got a sample pack from Stahl's (Transfer Express) at ISS Schaumberg this weekend, and I have to say they are head and shoulders above F+M, at least in the samples I compared.  Stahl's included the Hot Split (top notch results.) and the Goof Proof, where the white was patchy, but they press at 4 secs @ 365, vs 15 secs, so they would be preferred for 100% poly, sports uniforms, etc.

F+M seem to be really sloppy in their transfer powder application (at least in my sample pack), which ends up leaving a clear line around the design.  The Transfer Express pack I got was dead on.  Very impressed, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between them and SP, other than them being so smooth.

Having said that, I haven't compared the pricing yet, but F+M is certainly competitive.  In addition, F+M has a great catalog of modern stock sports designs (myidwear.com), whereas it appears that Stahls has a more traditional (cheesy, to me) offering.  However, I definitely will be ordering Stahl's marketing kit.  It was $15 at the show, I'm pretty sure you can get it for that, otherwise it's $45.

Long story short, I have a big run of shirts coming up, I will be speaking with F+M to check whether the transfer powder issue is common, and comparing costs, but I was VERY impressed with the Stahl's transfers.  I will almost certainly be using F+M product due to their superior stock offering, as long as I can get assurance that my samples were not indicative of typical quality.