Sign in to follow this  
MR kranwinkel

WITH KIND OF HAT IS GOOD FOR

HELLO EVERYBODY , I HAVE TO DO SOME CAPS. I HAVE THE  6 IN 1 FROM USCUTTER. AND I WANT TO KNOW WITH TYPE OF CAPS IS GOOD TO USE WITH THIS HEAPRESS AND WHERE CAN I FIND IT. ANY WEB SITE TO BUY IT.

ATT. FRANK K../

Yupoong/Flexfit are a very popular style.  A more modern, fitted look.  Wherever you order your shirts from should also sell hats.

You need to buy a few different styles of hats and try them on your press.

the hats all have different curves and configurations on the front and do not fit all presses properly to get a smooth pressing.

I have the 6 in 1, and I can tell you 6 panel Structured hats do not work worth a crap. The arc on the platen is too flat and it scrunches the hats. I am going to figure the only hats that will work worth a darn are the simple Foam faced Little league style hats. I thin the platen size was made for a china man's head.

It does however work very well for shirt sleeves, and Visors. It is just a pain to use overall as a hat press.

I have been thinking about making a few mods to this one to make it work better but haven't had time.

I am still looking at a good hat press with multiple platens to get the job done.

Kevin

Have you tried a 5 panel on the heatpress? I can see where a 6 panel wouldn't work because that center seam wouldn't allow for it to lay down flat enough to adhere well?

the center rib isn't the problem as much as the curvature of the Platen is to flat to press the hat properly, I haven't actually pressed a 5panel, but I laid one on the platen and it definitely laid down way better than the 6 panel. With the six panel structured it takes two people with this press to even get close to a decent press job. I should have just bought a separate heat press, but it's on the list now.

i just wish you could get additional platens for this press, but I have not found anywhere that sells them.

Kevin

In the last 15 years I have screen printed more than 250,000 hats.  If you have and order of 72 or more cross your path I do awesome work...cheap!  I do the work, you pocket some cash..

The only catch is, you need to sell 5 panel hats and keep the logo to a single color print.

;D

A little off subject but does anyone have a good supplier for the cadet/military style hats? I'm looking for light colors and fabric with an open/adjustable back - thanks.

Di