New job to complete.  Internally lit sign 40" square 2 sided.  Exterior sign about 15' up.  An old Marathon gas station sign.  Customer wants to remove the standard blue plastic thats on there now and replace with white.  3 color graphic and text, simple weed and layers on the graphic which is 20"x30".  Only a small portion of the graphic will be vinyl on vinyl.  I'll apply to substrate and he will do the install.

Could someone point me towards where to purchase the new substrate from.  Acrylic or Poly?  I'm not sure as this is my first illuminated sign.  Guessing on using Oracal 8500 for this.

Please chime in with where you buy your substrate from and I'm in Ohio if anyone close wants to throw in what they would charge.

Nobody around me to call and price compare.

JC

Edit:  Just did some online searching and found Colored Cast Acrylic Opaque white, and polypropylene translucent white.  What do you think of this stuff (I don't have a picture of it yet)  Anyone use it before?  Opaque probably won't let enough light out im guessing?

Opaque will block light, you want translucent.  Try Harborsales.net or N Glantz for the substrate.  8500 is what I would use.  However, for maximum longevity, the vinyl should really be applied to the inside of clear substrate then back painted white.

You need to use a sign paint made for plastics, Gripflex is one type: http://www.wensco.com/Products/categories.aspx?CatID=239&MasterCat=N&Parent=8|239

However, if you aren't familiar with mixing and spraying paint, I wouldn't try it.  The paints are fairly hazardous, and the mixing of reducer needs to be done correctly or you will have major problems.  In addition, you need to be fairly skilled to lay the paint down evenly so it doesn't look blotchy when illuminated.