Sign in to follow this  
Kwelp68

Random Blade Drag?

Ok, so I've had my 871 grounded from the machine to the stand since it's been out of the box.  Just recently I'm getting blade drags through some of the Oracal 631 I'm cutting.  I do pull the roll out to prevent static electricity.  I've read that this problem has happened with others.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  It's not a horrible dragging problem, but it's definitely cutting through parts of graphics where it's not supposed to.  Thanks in advance for any help. 

Should I ground the thing more than once??  The only thing I can think of is that I run a humidifier in the same room as the cutter for our DTG machine, but as far as I know it has never made the thing make random cuts.  I don't even know that the humidifier could cause that. Hmmmmm

Is the carriage dropping when it does it, or is it just scraping the vinyl in the up position as it moves in between cuts.  If i don't get the vinyl loaded good and it puckers up in between the rollers a bit, it can cut parts of it in the up position.  Have had that happen a time or 2.

Hey, thanks for the reply.  :)  It's definitely dropping the blade down.  It's about five or six inches going from one graphic to the next.

if you cut a file twice, does it do it in the same place both times, or will it do it in different places each time?

I have the exact same problem.  Mine will make the same diagional cut in every job i cut.  This is very annoying! Hope someone has found a fix for this problem and can help us.