Sign in to follow this  
mannytees1

CUTTING PRINTED IMAGES WITH LASERPOINT CUTTING FEATURE

Hi, I have a laserpoint uscutter (with sign blazer software) and was wondering if someone can help me

figure out how to use the cutter to cut a printed image?  :thumbsup:

Look for Contour Cutting , but you can Try this:

Original post: Sign cutting software / SignBlazer / Re: welding and weeding in signblazer  on: May 21, 2009, 03:18:30 PM 

I still think my idea of using backing tape is best. as to the cut a print problem :

1. reset the printer (turn off wait 15 seconds, then on again)

2. The printer needs to be "on line"

3. "print a cut" works with cut mask on

4. print the design

5. start "cut a print"

6. adjust right reg mark (I use arrow keys on keyboard and use '5' to toggle inching)

7. adjust left reg mark

8. then cut to contour

Does anyone know why Sign Blazer Elements crashes every single time I try to use 'Cut a Print'? The only reason I would use this piece of crud software is because it will contour cut better than SignCut (maybe), but this old fashioned, non-standard relic from 1992 crashes constantly!

Arrrgh. :D

I have the latest version installed, which is 6.0.24.

Anyone know about this crashing issue? The software keeps wanting to waste my printer ink (required to use 'Cut a Print') and then CRASH when I try to cut a print. It also crashes when I browse certain directories.

I already hate SBE and I would never touch it,, but am only trying it because I think it will allow me to contour cut (I am following directions I found from this board). Frustratingly, I can't even get through the directions coz SBE just wants to crash all the time.  I could list the reasons I hate SBE but it wouldn't be productive for the purposes of this crashing issue.

SBE has a problem with very large files and 0 length files , when you open a file try setting preview off and in explorer delete any files with 0 bytes.