MattS

Where do you design?

I have been designing in Photoshop and Illustrator then importing to SB.  This has been causing issues when I vectorize the images in SB.  I am mainly having troubles with text.  But thats not really my question here.  Does anyone design like this, or do you use the software that actually makes the cuts.  I am going to start trying to design in SB and hope that makes a difference.

Guest sciondrgn

I use SB for text and signs and use photoshop/illustrator when needed for graphics!

You need to convert your taxt to outlines when importing from illustrator to the cutting software. That might be your problem.

To create outlines select text and do this cntrl+shift+O.

Good luck!

Guest fivestar

I normally design in Corel Draw then use flexi to cut it.  I always have to convert my text to curves/outlines for it to cut properly.

Tonight I went into some of my graphics and deleted the text from the photoshop images.  Then I added the text in SB and it all looks a lot better.

I design in CorelDraw and send it to SignCut.  Some graphics require different software but everything eventually goes through CorelDraw for the final design and cleanup..  I have really been impressed with Inkscape's ability to vectorize cleanly.  But that is about the only thing I use Inkscape for. 

Yes, always convert text to curves.

Guest Terry

I use Illustrator, Corel, Flexi, Win Pc, Inkscape

Terry

I use Illustrator and import into SB.... Live Trace (vectorizing) in CS3 is great... although I generally just redraw my vectors as its pretty simple anyways... keeps the math clean to reduce cutting errors... once you learn how to use tangents... it goes quickly!

I use Corel 12 to design all artwork if I need to trace something I use inkscape then bring into Corel for final clean up. I ALWAYS view my artwork in wireframe to make sure no hidden pieces or broken lines, then use signcut 2 for cutting. a friend of mine uses illustrator, he makes me an ai for his designs, I import the .ai into Corel examine and then sent to sign cut for cutting, sounds like alot of steps but aleast I know my artwork is good b4 start cutting. hope this helps

i tried to marry photoshop and illustrator is a good companion also, but the export paths to illustrator and save to ai format, had not idea how tempermental ai can be, i will design in photoshop now and trace it in a free software called inkscape, if u like photoshop u'll love inkscape i promise!