desertdog10

Need some pricing please... today if possible- customer waiting-THANKS

I have been asked give a quote for a guy that has an original decal design much along the lines of the calvin kid pissing but this one features "the messiah" aka obama pissing on our 2nd amendment.  It is 4 in x 7 in and takes me about 2 minutes to weed, no designing necessary as he has provided a cuttable image.  Standard white vinyl- I'll use decent quality- Oracal 651. Wants pricing for 250, 500 and 1000 decals.  I don't have a clue.  I generally sell these for 3.95 - 4.95 but don't know how to figure a break down for these numbers. Any help appreciated!!! 

-Jeff

Sounds like you can make 30 decals an hour, or 20 if you figure cut, weed, and tape.  So the question comes how much do you want to make an hour to do the work.  I would probly settle on $20 or $25 an hour.  A 2 minute weed is a pertty complicated design, so you can't go down too terribly much, but if thats truly as fast as you can get it I wouldn't bid any lower than $1.50 each,  if it was a minute to weed it instead of 2 I would go to $1 each or so. 

Figure the time its gonna take you, figure the wage you want to make to do the work, times the hours its gonna take you to do them, add your expenses (vinyl and tape) and divide that by the number of decals and you have your price per decal.