Sign in to follow this  
wwpro

Ghetto teflon Bra

After screwing my first t-shirt I decided to make something to prevent that to happen again, and since I'm not getting any brighter  ;D this is what I did.

Regular teflon sheets that I bought on ebay 18x20, my press is 15x15. I wanted something that I didn't have to place every single time (when needed) so I took some extra strength velcro that I had laying around for the bottom platen, BUT I did the same for the top platen too, but knowing that the heat was going to melt the adhesive, but I did it anyway to make sure, and I wasn't wrong. Bottom platen held up fine and still does.

Next step : Magnets. I have access to magnets that are removed from vacuum cleaners and they're powerful, but you can get earth magnets, really strong and small on any crafts store.

Now you can remove them if you have to, but don't have to remember to put them every time you press something.

If you need a different shine for your design, simply place kraft paper in between your garment and the top. I'm pretty new to this and I might be wrong on that one.

Couple of pictures.

:thumbsup:

post-4739-12986539426445_thumb.jpg

post-4739-12986539437759_thumb.jpg

great idea. for my bottom platen, i bought an ironing board cove that has no pad and made a cover.

bb

post-2091-12986539430938_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986539444442_thumb.jpg