Sign in to follow this  
MR kranwinkel

WHAT IM DOING BAD ?

Oh, now I see.

I dont know what could be wrong. Maybe Nonabelle can tell you more about it.

What type of paper, ink and press are you using?

I use Jet Pro Sof Stretch paper, Epson Durabrite (pigmented) inks and a Mighty press. My pressing procedure is:

Print transfers while the press is heating up (this allows some time for the inks to dry)

Prepress garment for 4 to 5 seconds to remove any moisture

Place and press the paper following the manufacturers instructions while using a teflon sheet

After pressing a stretch the shirts some and repress image using a teflon sheet for ~5 seconds

IMPORTANT- allow shirt to "dry" for 24 hours before washing

I have never has a bleeding problem

I hope this helps some.

ok colorfast  thanks for that.  

I using a regular inks with a epson 1400 and 6 in1 uscutter heat press the paper is tranjer jet for bestblank.com

can you tell  where you  buy the paper that you use and the type of paper ?

The ink for a 1400 is Claria which I believe is a dye based ink. I buy my paper from Coastal Business - www.coastalbusiness.com. I have also heard from others that tshirtsupplies.com is a good company to do business with and often their pricing is better than Coastal.

Both companies are preferred vendors at t-shirtforum.com. They offer some discounts to members.

Their are many users of the Jet Pro Sof Stretch on that forum. Some have had success with the Claria inks using Jet Pro and others have not. The Jet Pro Sof Stretch (JPSS) is a very good paper.

Go to t-shirtform.com and seach for JPSS. You should alot of info on this product.

Good luck :thumbsup:

let me ask you something else I Have two Epson printers and I thinking to change the ink I Have the 1400 and workforce30.

what ink  do you recomend me for  the epson1400 printer  ?

for my workforce 30 and thinking to buy a sublimation ink

There are no Epson products for the C1400 that are NOT dye inks. If you stay with the 1400 for t-shirts you would need to purchase a bulk ink system or 3rd party ink catridge designed for the 1400. These cartridge system are few and far between because Epson won a lawsuit in 07 or 08 that outlawed the 3rd party cartridges based on infirngement rights. Check with Best Blanks on a replacement ink or ink system. Make sure it is not a dye sub ink. That will not work for the type of transfer paper you are using.

The Workforce printer uses the Durabrite inks. They have performed well with the JPSS paper. Unless you do a lot of shirts with the JPSS I would use the Epson branded inks in that printer. Besides the Work Force is a 4 color printer (right?) and anythin beyond that for inkjet transfers is really over kill. The additional ink cartridges cost money and have not major impact on the shirt results. The 6 or 8 color systems are good for photos, posters etc but shirts don't reproduce the same quality as a glossy or matte photo paper.

I use my 1400 with carts and pigment inks on JPSS and have had no problems with the ink or finding more of it.

I use 1400 with CIS and after market pigment ink and have no problems with it here is the site..http://www.inkjetfly.com/product_info.php?cPath=194&products_id=221