smithmotorsports99

Logo Help Please

I'm trying to take this logo and make it an eps file through inkscape.  That way I can use it to cut for my race car sponsor.  Only problem is, my car is black.  So I was going to take everything that was black and make it white.  Can someone please help out this rookie.  I've tried how-to videos and all.  Still looking my mind here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

post-4652-12986538991223_thumb.jpg

post-4652-12986539004919_thumb.jpg

I know this may sound overly simple, but why not just cut the black parts out on a white vinyl? Just because the picture shows black, doesn't mean you have to cut black vinyl.

Now, if you're going to print it on vinyl, that's a different issue altogether.

Charlie

Charlie,

I was thinking the same.  I know how to trick the old signblazer on colors when I go to cut.  I have no means of printing.  Just cutting on the MH781.  My only concern is the outlining in the BBQ portion.  Everytime I do the bitmap trace it just doesn't seem "crisp"  Maybe I'm over anal on my work.  I just want to show this business that we are a first class team.  Being in the Air Force, it's so hard to get back to NJ to race this car.

Thanks for your help.  I greatly appreciate it.

Mr. Peabody,

I'm trying that right now.  Not having much luck.  I'm still very wet behind the ears on the vinyl biz stuff.  I appreciate your post.

Well after hours of trial and error using Inkscape, SB, Corell Draw 11 and Signlab 8 I have come up with this.  Let me know what you think.  I couldn't even begin to tell you how I got to this stage, or if one program was better than the other.  By the end of the weekend I was mentally shot.

Well for some reason when I saved it, it didn't to the wireframe like I had it.  It looks all bad full color, but when you wire frame it, it cleans it up to what I had been working on last.

winners_circle_newest.EPS

winners_circle_newest.EPS

My other idea was to find the font that was used for this and recreate the whole thing.  Well I searched all day for a font for the "Winner's Circle" part, and thought i had that one figured out.  Then it looks to be a totally different font for the "BBQ".  Now I just don't know if i'm wasting a ton of time or not.

Thanks for the help guys.

What an amazing site!  Thanks.  I came up with the same fonts I thought it might be.  They must have just cut off the tail on the Q and edited it themselves I guess.  I'm still new at this all, but learning quickly.  I guess it would be easier to just redo the whole logo with the font that I just found.  ITC Bookman Medium Italic is what this site came up with.

Anyone else getting the same?

In SIgnblazer, If you find a font that is 'close' to what you want, but has a few differences. Select your Text, click on 'Arrange' then "Convert to Curves". Then select the letter of that needs manipulated, and Click on 'Node edit'. Zoom in close. You can drag the nodes to make it what you want. if you right click a menu will pop up allowing you to add or change nodes to different forms.

You can do the same in Inkscape using a different process.

Kevin

FBRsportmod68 - Thanks for that logo.  I wasn't able to use it because I'm very new to the .jpg and trying to vectorize it.

I was however able to use the font that others have been able to track down for me.  I then did a node edit on the tail of the "Q" and fixed that.  I did a search in google for checkered flags and found the exact flags that were used.  I then did a vectorize on them and got them to work.  I am now just down to sizing and then the outline.

It has taken me many hours to finish this logo, but I wouldn't have been able to get where I am without the help from you guys.  I really appreciate it.

Yes I do have SB.    I was able to do everything you have, such as outlines and such.  I even did the node edits to get the "Q" and " ' " better.  I just can't figure out how to outline the stupid flags.  I found the exact flags in the original post on the internet.

Now when I put this on my black late model.  Do I actually need to use back vinyl?  Or should I just let that be the car?  Or is it more professional to just build all the layers, even if it's the same color as the car.

Thanks again!

I WOULD LAYER ALL THE COLORS FOR A MORE UNIFORM AND PROFESSIONAL LOOK

those flags are not outline friendly

Thanks for being honest about those flags.  I'll quit wasting so much time on them.

I will go and layer the 3 colors.  I'd prefer a professional look.  I might race full time anymore, but I still take it very serious.

Thanks for all the help.

Now, I'm going from Minot, ND to Blairstown NJ at the end of the month.  Should I build them here?  Cut them here and layer on the car?  I plan to take my MH-871 with me to lettering my backup car and incase of any damages through the weeks.

Oh it most certainly is.  I thought it would be easier and less of a chance of messing it up, since I could use a wet application.  Probably not much of a need for registration marks then?

Guest round2racing

I still use registration marks when I layer on my race car.

I do use a thin line across the top as my registration mark now.

I have found that it helps me with the leveling, especially when working with body lines on a vehicle.

The line is a 1/4 inch thick and usually runs across the entire workspace in SBE.

I layer on the vehicle whenever I can, it seems to work out much better.

I do wet app if the graphic is larger than 8 inches or so. 

Just my .02

;)

round2racing,

I really like that 1/4 inch line idea.  I usually use just two squares.  But your way seems better for leveling the graphic.

Thanks for the tip.