CherokeeDesign

"Welcome Home" to forum member 'outbreak'

Being a Retired Marine I say God Bless You and Thank you! Glad you made it home.

Dave

post-4092-12986538983209_thumb.jpg

post-4092-12986538998715_thumb.jpg

Guest Schramm

Thank you for all you have done!  Glad you are home safe and I wish you many blessings for your courage!

Sir, I salute you.

Although I don't know you and don't recall having read any of your posts, I'd still like to say Thank You and wish health and prosperity to you and yours for the service you've given in whatever form it may have been given!  :angry: >:(:thumbsup:

Z

I know only a few of you knew what I was doing over there, so I'll give you a quick run-down.

I was in Kirkuk Iraq, training Iraqi's.  When I first found out what I was going to be doing over there, I had no idea what to expect.  Well, my Grandma always said, "Most people in the world are good people, but it's the few bad ones you hear about."  She was 100% correct.  Those guys I was working and flying with are just like you and I.  The only difference is they live in Iraq.  They even put their lives on the line by being in the Iraqi Air Force.  If the wrong people found what they did, well you can imagine what would happen.  I made some great friends and I honestly hope to be able to walk down the streets of Baghdad with them someday as a tourist (I said that to one of them and they said, "you want to be a TERRORIST???" and started laughing like crazy).

In the Air Force, it's traditional for fliers to get hosed down on their fini-flight (last flight).  In this picture, the Iraqi's are hosing me down with their firetruck!  I have more pictures but the Iraqi's are in them.  They love to have their pictures taken, but don't want them on the internet yet.

post-2964-12986539183572_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986539202407_thumb.jpg