Kwelp68

Need Some Help On a Shirt Order

I just got our first two color shirt order.  It is a simple text design where the outside of the lettering is red and the inside is white.  Now, this will be my first two color design.  I was thinking that I would just cut the inside white part with the white vinyl and then the outside part with the red vinyl.  Then I would match them up and press each one on the shirt.  Is this the correct way of doing this process?

Thanks a ton all!!  ;)

Guest fivestar

They will not match up perfectly by butting them together.  If it's not too big of a design I would just do the outline (red) as a solid design then put the white right over top of it.

I would rather make and cut the whole red letter and then press the white letter on top. If you choose to do it the other way, the best thing to do is to have them overlap a little, because vinyl shrinks a little when you press it. If you try to fit the white inside the red there will always be gaps.

I would cut the red letters solid and bigger, then press the white.

You have to do this, press the red layer for 3 seconds, remove backing and press the white layer on top of the red for the full time. This will reduce the shrink.

Joe

that's exactly how u do it. but one thing, on ur first press, don't do the dwell time only about 2 seconds, then lay ur second layer and do full dwell time. hope this helps ya.

Hey thanks everyone!!  I'd like to do the red part as the whole design, and then overlay the white on top, this way they're not butting together at all.  How do I tell sign blazer to cut the red as an entire design, instead of just the outline leaving the white out?  This is the part that is confusing me.

You have to design it that way.  If you grab the white layer and move it from the red layer....the red layer has to be solid underneath.  It will cut exactly whats in the design program, if you need to use the node edit to remove the inside line of the cut which should make the letters solid.

hey tlzimmerman...i think you get the idea but if you cant figure out how to edit it so the entire thing is solid, maybe you could post your file and someone will help you edit it.

hey tlzimmerman...i think you get the idea but if you cant figure out how to edit it so the entire thing is solid, maybe you could post your file and someone will help you edit it.

I know how....I was trying to explain to kwelp, the original poster, what he needed to do.  Thanks tho!

I know how....I was trying to explain to kwelp, the original poster, what he needed to do.  Thanks tho!

oops..sorry...my post was meant for him, not you...my bad

oops..sorry...my post was meant for him, not you...my bad

;)

hey thanks for all the input on this.  I'm going to have to try to mess with it.  Since the fonts I'm using are two color Corel loaded fonts, I don't think the outside color of the font will be solid underneath the inside color.  I'm not quite sure how to use the node method yet.  Hmmm, I've got to try some messing around here.

Yeah they probly won't be, but once you have it vectored it should be pretty simple to use a node edit tool to delete the inside line to make it solid across.

Can I use this Node edit tool in Inkscape?  I like to think I'm pretty good with these programs, but I've never used node edit.  :lol:

Man, I am really not getting this node edit thing.  I've tried moving the squares around, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

I really need some help.  Can somebody give me the simplest way that I can cut two colors of this text?  I would need the entire underbase to be white, and then I want to cut the red layer and layer it over.

Please help show me how to do this the easiest way?  1248.jpg

I'm usually working with psd files, or I'll knock the black backround out of this before vectorizing it. 

I just don't understand how to have sign blazer cut an entire color as an underbase, and then cut the second layer to put over top??

Hey, great post Joe.  That's a really helpful tutorial.

My only issue, is that I don't have illustrator.  I've been using Corel X3, Inkscape, and Sign Blazer.  And these designs we've been offering for a long time like they are.  I want to do them in vinyl instead of using a DTG.  Is there any way to edit and make this work using a vectorized version of the image I have?

The procedure is similar in any Vector software. They have different names but the process is similar.

Thank you Joe.  I'm going to study up on your tutorial, and see if I can get it going!  :lol:

In SBE copy the design (you'll need two) Set one outside the work area (pink area)

highlight the one still in the work area chose Arrange>split objects

This should make all the parts of your design that is white turn gray.  pick each gay piece off the red part.  That will leave a solid red back. (or the letters without the holes to the cutter).

Cut that, then you can put the orginal in the work space and cut only the white.

That's how I'd do it anyways. :lol:

azdecals